Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dark spot in camera

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

TheBeardSells

TheBeardSells

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Good afternoon!

Thanks for taking your time to try and help. I am a beginner with my camera and need some assistance. When we use our 10-20mm wide angle lens, its showing up black circles the further we zoom out. It doesn't show on more close up type shots but only the further out that it is zoomed. any advice or recommendations?

Attached Thumbnails

• unnamed (4).jpg
  • unnamed (3).jpg
  • unnamed (2).jpg
  • unnamed (1).jpg
  • unnamed.jpg

joester

joester

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Country Flag

I'm a relative newbie too, but it seems to me that there is something inside the lens that shouldn't be there. I would contact Nikon Support and see what they say especially if the camera is relatively new and has not been dropped or abused.

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Country Flag
To me it looks like the shadow caused by the lens(hood) while using the (internal) flash.

Nothing to worry about

It will not show with longer focal lengths (as you already realized) or with a mounted flash (neither will it show when no flash is used)

Nikon Shooter

Nikon Shooter

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 4,041 posts
  • Country Flag

… it looks like the shadow caused by the lens(hood) while using the (internal) flash. 

Exactly! :P

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

i got same thing when i first started off. its lens hood shadow. going to have to learn find sweet spot so does not show up.