Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Unable to change f-stop. It is f0. Also no auto focus.

d700 f-stop auto focus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Ldunne

Ldunne

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
I have not used my D700 camera for a while. Today, when I tried to use it, I could not auto focus or change the f-stop. I’ve searched the manual but have had no luck.
Ldunne

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Country Flag
Hello,

The f0 error is most often a problem of the camerabody and the lens not able to « dialogue ».

This is vey often linked to a bad electric contact.

Sometimes mounting and unmounting the lens several times from the camera helps, due to the friction on the contacts. However this is not a permanent solution.

In order to fix it more permanently, detach the lens from the camera. On the lens mount you will see a number of electric contacts. Clean these with a de-oxydiser (you can get it in shops selling electric parts, etc) both on the side of the camera body as well as on the lens.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: d700, f-stop, auto focus