Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I have a weird problem with Z6

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Platinumkid

Platinumkid
  • Country Flag

Hello, I'm a Nikon newbie, having both my first camera from this brand and right away I have a question! :)  I use Nikon Z6 and have trouble to download the pictures from the card to the computer. I connected the camera via the USB port. It connected fine. When the camera is off, it's charging the battery (although slowly). When camera is on, I can freely browse in the XQD card and see all the pictures and clips taken. The problem is when I try to download (copy) the files from the XQD card in the camera to the HDD of the computer. It starts the normal file sharing, but after 3 or 4 pictures, the Windows Explorer crashes and I cannot download the files. My comp has a traditional HDD and a SSD where the Windows 10 is installed. Tried transfer to both - same result. So, basically, I cannot download the pictures I took on the computer, since I have no reader that supports that weird card.

Leon

Leon
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSt. Leonards-on-Sea

I just tried the USB file transfer using my new Z6 with my laptop, and it worked OK. I opened This PC and could then see the camera file system. I could then click on it until I got to the folder with the image files. I could then view the files (I use Irfanview) and copy them to my hard drive.

fallout666

fallout666
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

here issue you can down from camera to laptop or computer but takes 2 times or more longer to download. so best bet is get card reader to download photo's. also all firmware updates can only be done on memory card. so need card reader to download and load firmware update.