Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon D5300, Raspberry Pi, and gphoto2

gphoto2 raspberry-pi video video-recording d5300 code rpi

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

aqua1300

aqua1300

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I am trying to use a DSLR Nikon D5300 with an RPi and gphoto2 to take videos and I seem to be running into some errors. I am able to capture video in the terminal but a PTP Error comes up no matter what and it is stopping me from running any code with capturing video. Are there any specific types of cameras that people have used with RPi and gphoto2 that are able to take VIDEOS (I have seen a lot about pictures) and have no issue taking the videos because I am willing to buy that specific camera. If you have been able to take videos with gphoto2 (or any other program) please let me know how you are doing so.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gphoto2, raspberry-pi, video, video-recording, d5300, code, rpi