Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hello from Delaware,USA

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

DecentExposure

DecentExposure

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationDover, De.

Greetings to all. I'm new to Nikon but not to photography. My current arsenal consists of  a Nikon D5300, AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-55mm lens and AF-S DX NIKKOR 55-300mm lens. My last camera was a Yashica FX-3. I will be doing Travel , Landscape and Sports shooting. Hope to gain some pointers on the new technology.

Bengan

Bengan

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationStockholm

Site Supporter

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing you work

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Welcome to the forums!

You have a good basic kit to start out with. For sports, you might want a tele zoom that lets more light in to keep shutter speeds high and ISO low.

Snorky

Snorky

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationDeep Space 9

Delaware... I used to live there. Great memories! I'm sure you have explored and taken shots of Newark and Historic New Castle.They are two places that I still enjoy visiting.

How long have you had the D5300?

DecentExposure

DecentExposure

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationDover, De.

I've had the 5300 for three years, but have only used it for a couple of months. Been dealing with some health issues that kept me sidelined for a couple of years.