Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Way Too Good To Be True?

way too good true?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Site Supporter

Yesterday I was cruising ebay for an upgrade from my Nikon D200.  Just as I was about to close for the evening, I spotted

an advertisement (listing) for a Brand New Nikon D5500 bundle, which includes everything as in kitchen sink and a few 

mouse traps.  Tripods, lens, filters, battery and charger, two teleconverters etc., etc., for only, This is accurate, not a mistake

on my part; $39.99 and FREE Shipping.  Yuppers, I even called ebay, they called me back and we chatted about the listing.

I went ahead and took a chance by purchasing this offering.  The ebay customer rep., assured me that I would get my 

money back if anything should go awry.  I asked, "How would I get my money back if the seller should skip town (country) 

with all the buyers' funds and she reassured me that I would.  I just received notice that my order has shipped and should 

be here by 7/18/19.  I have not received a tracking number yet and would love to see the weight listed if indeed it really was

shipped.  I informed the ebay rep., that the sellers are based in The Netherlands and she informed me that it is common for

sellers in other countries to have warehouses here in the States.  I will certainly keep this post up to date of the events 

transpire.  Moderators, if you feel you need to delete this post, I will certainly understand.  It is just that I feel it is important

to advise members who do shop on ebay of any potentially fraudulent listings.

Thanks very much for your support. :)

Tony

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: way, too, good, true?