Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Can't find any explanation for this particular blinking symbol on my D5600

d5600 blinking symbol li

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

BruceNikonUser

BruceNikonUser

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi, I've only had my D5600 for a week and it's my first DSLR so please forgive my ignorance. I have read my paper owners manual twice and twice online at an enlarged size, trying to find what this blinking icon is for. I'm either overlooking or it's not there, I don't see it in any of the numerous online tutorials that I have watched. In my attached file, you can see it's the little symbol above the 1/60, last one to the left.  If I'm in live view it's just below the RAW-FINE text in the upper right corner. In either view it blinks constantly regardless of where I am in or outdoors. I formatted my SD card to make sure it wasn't related to it. I've returned all settings I have changed to normal. I haven't done a reset yet because I want to know what's it's for and how I might have caused it. It started maybe two days after I started using it. I really hated asking this because I know I will feel silly after I hear the answer. :)  Thanks in advance. 

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_9125.jpg

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

That looks like the Bluetooth symbol.  If it's blinking I think it means that the camera is ready for a connection, but that no connection has been made.

If you're not pairing your camera with a smartphone, then you should be able to just disable Bluetooth entirely :)

BruceNikonUser

BruceNikonUser

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Thanks Adam, you were absolutely correct. I had successfully paired when I first set it up. I was able to remote control my camera from my phone, etc. It unpaired itself from my iPhone apparently. A few minutes ago, after reading your reply, I opened SnapBridge and noticed the connection was lost. I set it up again after deleting the current connections and it worked fine for a few minutes but then lost connection again. I am one foot away from the phone and wifi router so no distance issues. I don't need that feature anyway so I simply deleted the connections again and turned Bluetooth off. I also had trouble using the wifi as it doesn't show up in my settings on my phone and setting it up manually didn't work either. I guess Nikon camera wifi may be a little flakey according to some of the reading I've done. No big deal, It's not something I really need. I might fool with it another day but for now I can get back to picture taking without that annoying blinking bluetooth symbol. :) Thanks again very much!!!