Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

To RAW Or Not To RAW

to raw not

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,518 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Site Supporter

Today I decided to take my non-Nikon gear out for a shoot and to shoot in RAW.  I have read up on the advantages of shooting in RAW, so I decided to "Give it a Go." As they say downunder.

Once I realized the awesome IQ I decided to shoot RAW using only my Nikon Gear.  I have two D200 bodies.  One body 

I set the camera on NEF (RAW) and noticed that the image count was only 60.  I then set the other D200 on NEF (RAW)  and the image count was down to 30.  Same exact bodies with different results.  I did format both cards prior to making the change to RAW.

What gives?  Thanks for any suggestions/solutions.

TT

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,632 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Is one of them set to pure NEF and the other to Compressed NEF? (Page 31 in the manual)

Tony

Tony

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 2,518 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBeaverton, Oregon

Site Supporter

Is one of them set to pure NEF and the other to Compressed NEF? (Page 31 in the manual)

I just checked both and they are set at NEF(RAW).  I also changed the RAW Compression to on and off and there were no changes in both bodies.

tt

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: to, raw, not