Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nikon D610 is now official...

nikon d610 official

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

greatscott94

greatscott94

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSurrey, BC

Site Supporter

Looks like the Nikon D610 has been officially launched. Any of you plan to purchase it?

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

No...I just bought a D600 back in April. I think I'll buy a new lens or two before I upgrade again. But I wouldn't object if someone were to give me one. :)

Davem45

Davem45

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationStoke on Trent

The main change reading this the specs does seem to be tweaks to the shutter which to my mind makes me wonder if this really is Nikon trying to deal wih this issue with most D600's still being under warranty could we end up seeing D600 cameras being recalled and the new shutter mech being fitted and the d600 being withdrawn    quietly

Kenneth Terry

Kenneth Terry

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Country Flag

I am going to order a D610 when I get off work.

greatscott94

greatscott94

Loyal Member

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSurrey, BC

Site Supporter

For the D600 owners, since the rumors of the D610 the prices for the D600 have been dropping. At a price point of $1200 - $1300 would you purchase the D600 over the D610 despite the sensor dust issues?

Seems to me like an incredible bargain and worth having to clean the sensor on a regular basis. Or has the dirty sensor just been to much an kd not worth dealing with?

ansel95

ansel95

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Country Flag

Very disappointed with Nikon's X10 approach.  The had problems with the D600 so they make a D610.  They had problems with the SB-900 so they made a SB-910 and left us SB-900 users out to dry.  I'll be passing on the D600 mainly since they crippled the flahs sync and shutter.  I really want to like the D610 but the intentional crippling and the fact it isn't even an FX version of the D7000 is frustrating.  It's more like an FX version of a D3200 in a D7000 body.  

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

For the D600 owners, since the rumors of the D610 the prices for the D600 have been dropping. At a price point of $1200 - $1300 would you purchase the D600 over the D610 despite the sensor dust issues?

Seems to me like an incredible bargain and worth having to clean the sensor on a regular basis. Or has the dirty sensor just been to much an kd not worth dealing with?

The sensor issue has not been a problem for me. Every now and then I notice some spots in my images, but I'm not sure if that's the sensor or a dirty lens. :) I think I will have it cleaned for the first time (purchased it in April, and I use it A LOT) sometime in the next month, but I'm not in a hurry. 

I wouldn't hesitate to buy another D600 at that new price.

Wish I would have been more patient and foreseen this move by Nikon. I knew they would update, I just didn't know it would be so soon. Could have bought a little macro lens...sigh.

K-9

K-9

Jamie

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNew England

Site Supporter

My guess is used D600s will dip in price to below used D700s.

Afterimage

Afterimage

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPennsylvania

I'm not in the market for a new body at this point but, theoretically, I'd totally pass on a D600. It's not worth shelling out the $$$ for something your going to need to fix constantly. It would be like buying a 1980's Ferrari. Yeah you get a European sports car but it cost as much as a new import and it will breakdown on you, repeatedly. Pass... no thanks. 

jason

jason

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Country Flag

Looks like the Nikon D610 has been officially launched. Any of you plan to purchase it?

nah  i can dream  though :)  

wpb.dwn

wpb.dwn

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

apparently after a few thousand shots the D600 dust issue sorts itself out. has anyone heard of this?might be worth buying a refurbished one.

Travie_Melvin

Travie_Melvin

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Country Flag

nah  i can dream  though :)  

Loool! agreed!  I can dream and Hope!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nikon, d610, official