Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hi from the wilds of NJ!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Dangerspouse

Dangerspouse

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorthern NJ, USA

Hi there, it's nice to meet you all.

I was a film photography hobbyist in my youth, but put the camera down after college (anyone know what I can do with an old but pristine OM-2s kit, lol?). Recently my wife started a small home business and needed good high quality macro shots of her products for inclusion in magazines and sales literature, so I picked up a D3300 and the Nikkor 40mm Micro, along with a light tent setup, and got back into it. But I found I was "borrowing" it for fun stuff on my own a bit too often, so I just got a D5500 and am enjoying the heck out of it.

My downfall is my ignorance of all things computer, so I do almost no post processing. I absolutely cannot make heads nor tails of the bundled Capture NX-D or ViewNX-i software, so I'm afraid I'm missing out. I'm hoping I can possibly learn how to get started with those, or any other suggested program by perusing the forums here. It sure isn't like film....

I'm also looking forward to entering the photography contests which I see a tab for, as I bet that's a good way to get constructive criticism and improve. And since I've gotta buy some basic equipment, it's nice to know I can contribute to the site by purchasing through the affiliate link with B&H. I got my D5500 and a few lenses from them, so I already know they're a quality outfit.

Again, nice to meet you all and it's a pleasure to be here :)