Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lenses for Z6

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

joemiles

joemiles
  • Country Flag
Hi, I’m contemplating selling my D800 (my second body) and buying a Z6 so I can use it alongside my D850 at weddings and events etc. Has anyone got any advice for me regarding lenses as I’ve already got the 24-70 2.8 for my full size body I could use on the z6 with an adapter, have got a 35mm prime and 70-200mm (not that I really want to use it on there). Is there a small size lens you recommend so I can use it discreetly without a big lens sticking out from it!? Thanks in advance. Joe

walt@wblady.com

walt@wblady.com
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOshawa, Ontario

Hi. I just picked up a Z 7 with the DTZ adapter to compliment my D850. All my lenses (24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8, 200-500 5.4, 17-35 2.8, 28-300 3.5-5.6 and the 105 macro) worked fine with the Z 7. I use the 850 for wildlife telephoto shots and the Z 7 for walk around and mingle shots.

I wanted a lighter lens for the Mirrorless so I picked up a Z 24-70 2.8 because of the light weight and the excellent edge to edge sharpness. A little costly for a Pro-Am photographer like me, but worth it for a Pro, where the lens will probably earn its keep.

fallout666

fallout666
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

keep your D800 and get Z6 as main body. never know if need back camera or second setting camera.