Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

White speck when looking through viewfinder

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

rjaffrey10

rjaffrey10

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello,

I'm having an issue with my nikon D7100. There is a rather large white speck that appears on my images and when looking through viewfinder. I cleaned my sensor and lens and that did not work. I noticed that when I move the autofocus dial to manual focus the speck disappears. When I change it back to autofocus the speck reappears. Does anyone have any insight on where this is coming from and how to get rid of it?

Thanks!

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Could you post a photo that shows the speck?

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Country Flag
Please also post the EXIF

Small dirt may become visible as specks with higher Aperture values, while being invisible with smaller Aperture values.

Therefore, if you clean your sensor and want to check if everything is fine, always set it to the highest value possible (f.i. f22) for your lens.