Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help deciding my next upgrade:

nikon d750 nikon d810 nikon dslr

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

hisbigstory94

hisbigstory94

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

So I've been working with a Nikon D3 and a D7100 for a while now and I've decided to sell both to upgrade to one single body. (Just not seeing the need for 2 bodies anymore) I'm torn between the D750 or the older D810. Any thoughts or advice on what I should look into? I mostly shoot weddings, portraits, and occasionally some sports. 

Fairly certain I want to stay FX, but figured I'd see what the general consensus is here between those 2 bodies. Or if you have another contender for me! Thanks~ 

Fletch

Fletch

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHawaii

Have you thought about renting and trying out the different cameras?

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,588 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Which of your current cameras do you prefer ergonomically? The D750 is based on the D7x00 series and the D810 is based on the single-digits, but without the integrated grip. Performance-wise they are quite similar.

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Personally I think I'd want two bodies if I were shooting weddings just in case one had issues.  However, I think I'd opt for the D810 if I were shooting weddings.  While I know folks who have used both, neither is really a good selection for shooting sports.  As Fletch recommended, renting is probably your best choice to decide which works better for you and what you want to do.

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

i would got the rent route since can try out camera you want. then find the one fits your needs. also with out budget to go on. its hard to lead you in right way. also  what type of photography do you like to shoot. 

Deslandesphoto

Deslandesphoto

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hi,

Speaking from my experience as a portrait photographer which owned both cameras, I personally prefer the D810 (Buy used). That being said, both are great and you can't go wrong with either.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nikon d750, nikon d810, nikon dslr