Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Intro... Hi Everyone!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

breeliz

breeliz

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationBuffalo, NY

Hi folks...

My name is Brianne and I have used Nikon cameras for the last 40 years or so.  I still have my old FM and EM cameras which served me well for countless years.  I was always partial to the FM.  It is still functional and I use it for B/W infrared film photography which I very much enjoy though I don't get a chance to do it as often as I used to.  Not a pro but a knowledgeable amateur.

Today I use a D7500 which is affordable and has all the features that I need plus a bunch that I don't really need!  I think it's a great camera.  I use a mix of Nikon, Tamron and other lenses.  I like to shoot landscapes and seascapes mostly.  I live in Buffalo, NY and we have two of the Great Lakes nearby, many smaller lakes and waterfalls beyond count.  So it is a good area for ND filter work.  My filter preference is Kase because they are optically sound, very neutral and made from tempered glass that can withstand a drop without crashing $200 into smithereens.  That is important for old people!!

I use a Ravelli Tripod in the studio with a Photek extension bar for look down videos.  I use a 3-Legged Thing, Punks Travis tripod for on the go stuff.  I have a Go Pro, 2 Panasonic Lumix cameras, a waterproof Pentax and a couple of other old cams.  I wish I had my old Konica TC which I loved to cart around downtown Chicago snapping PIX everywhere I went during my pre-Nikon days.  Don't know what ever became of that trusty little camera.

I used to develop my own film and do my own prints in the darkroom.  I don't do that anymore. But it was fun back in the day.  Loved messing with Lith and Kodak IR films.

I like to ride my Dyna Wide Glide motorcycle, do watercolor, oil and acrylic paintings, and mess around with an airbrush painting stuff.  I am a woodturner and have a big workshop devoted to woodworking and turning.  I like turning stuff and then painting it.  i use a Powermatic 3520b and Delta 46-460 lathes.

That's it.  You know just about all that there is to know about me. 

Bree