Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

GPS from phone forfor future version of Coolpix p900?

gps coolpix p900

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Art

Art

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Country Flag

I have a coolpix p520.  It is getting old and a little beaten up.

The main drawback it has is that it takes a long time to find the GPS position.  I presume the p900 would be as slow to find its location.

The Coolpix p900 has a greater zoom 83 x vs 42x.

These both can be used by selecting scenes with names like sunset, portrait.  This is fine for an amateur like me. The viewfinder is also a plus.

The coolpix p1000 looks like it has a great feature of takings its location from a cell phone.   However, its weight makes it very impractical for senior citizens. Lugging a tripod when using a cane is a total nonstarter.

What are the forums opinions on the question of whether there will be a US version like the S version of the p900 that has the advanced GPS capability in the future?

For the next couple of years, would it be more practical to upgrade to the p900 and write notes on a pad and take pictures of that to be able to keep track of location?

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,587 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Why not run a logger in the phone and sync the locations to the photos in lightroom when you get home? Syncing can take a while, but you can complete the other IPTC tags and even start editing while the sync is under way.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gps, coolpix p900