Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

help with D750

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

iceberg87

iceberg87

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

My Nikon D750 isn't working properly anymore and I could use some help if anyone has any ideas. The problem seems to be that it displays the flashing "Err" sign. The main behavior I'm observing is that it doesn't want to properly save photos to the memory card. I can get the camera to auto-focus, and the shutter to press normally, but when I do, it says "Cannot Display Image". Zooming in, it gives me a bunch of boxes with X's, instead of proper file previews. When I look on the computer, there are no files that have been saved at all on the memory card. I tried a few obvious things and none have helped, like a) buying and trying a totally new memory card, B) formatting the memory card in the camera and on the computer, c) trying both SD card slots separately and together.

One thing I wondered about is whether the aperture control is broken? However, I can change the aperture normally. I don't see any obvious signs of damage to the camera, but its possible this was caused by the bag the camera was in being dropped for a few feet up.

Can anyone suggest what to do?

Bengan

Bengan

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationStockholm

Site Supporter

When you formated the card in a computer, did  you perform a quick or full format? I have found that sometimes it requires a full format. At one time I had to format the card a couple of times in order to make it work. Have no idea why and haven't had the problem since then.

This may not be the solution in your case, since you have tried more than one card.

Other things yuo can try are...

- Pull the battery and leave it out for a few minutes before trying again.

- Do a full reset of all settings. Option available in the meny.

- Clean the card contacts, beeing careful not to bend them

mikew

mikew

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorth East Lincs

Are you using two cards,have you tried one card in alternative slots, you could try a reset.

Nikon Shooter

Nikon Shooter

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,041 posts
  • Country Flag

When you formatted the card in a computer…

OUCH! It is a good idea to let the camera manage the card!

Bengan

Bengan

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationStockholm

Site Supporter

OUCH! It is a good idea to let the camera manage the card!

Not always true. If the camera is able, yes. I have come across occasions when the camera has been unable to perform the format. Computer format can sometimes be necessary and when the camera fails, there are more tools available on a PC/MAC.

Nikon Shooter

Nikon Shooter

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 4,041 posts
  • Country Flag

…when the camera fails…

… never heard of a failing camera in this!

Bengan

Bengan

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationStockholm

Site Supporter

… never heard of a failing camera in this!

Lucky you. I've booth experienced and heard

Nikon Shooter

Nikon Shooter

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 4,041 posts
  • Country Flag

Lucky you. I've booth experienced and heard

Do you keep anymore secrets from me, buddy? :P