Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

your take on this softball photo from march 7 Thursday 2019

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

i took this photo march the 7 2019 with the Z6 FTZ nikon gen 1 70-200mm AF-C dynamic vr on F/2.8 1/500 iso 4500 white balance natural light auto picture control auto 

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC_4891a.jpg

Nikon Shooter

Nikon Shooter

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 4,041 posts
  • Country Flag

Would this be a viable option?

softball.jpg

Colin B

Colin B

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationPerth Western SAustralia

No.2 is the better of the two in my humble opinion. That man hovering behind the backstop does not contribute anything to the pic and  cloning/cropping him out is a great improvement. I appreciate the difficulties of photographing sports and your timing was spot on but I would have liked to see a little more space above and below the subject.

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast
When you have to sit behind home plate about halfway up and halfway from dugout to home plate on small professional grandstand for softball and have wind moving netting best place to be. Also still learn how get person right in photo too. Since netting moves i keep where do not to much open space. Since want camera stay focus on person. If do not have person center in photo like that netting will get in away. Also live near inlet of river and about 10 to 20 miles from ocean get large brezzs