Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Firing a flash with a radio

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

B house

B house

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello,

I have a D7200 with three SB-700 flashes for off camera use.

I am using a Godox Xpro Transmitter with X1 receivers and had one good session at twilight with selector in auto. Is there a mode that will fire flash(radio) every time with the pop-up flash down? I find that sometimes system doesn't fire when fully manual. I put camera in commander mode using the menu, not sure that helps. Am i missing something. Started with new batteries in everything.

Thanks for any help.

B House

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

I don't have your setup so I'm guessing here a little. But, if you put the camera in commander mode, it assumes that you wish to use the popup to trigger the other flashes. Since you're using radio triggers you should avoid making any flash settings to the camera. All of your flash settings should be made either on your transmitter or SB-700's.

For my own work I use manual for everything so I'm not dealing with iTTL at all even though my triggers and flash support it.

--Ron

B house

B house

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Ron, 

Thanks for your help. 

I'll turn off commander mode and try again.

B House