Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Wacom

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

ScottinPollock

ScottinPollock

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWest Slope Northern Sierra Nevada
So last week I picked up a Wacom Intuos S pen tablet. This is their smallest (and cheapest) tablet, at around US$70. It is connected via USB, with a BlueTooth version available for about $10 more, and a larger version (the M) for about $200.

As I am not an artist, I thought the smaller one would be fine for my intended usage, which is a pen interface for better control over selections and brushing, and pressure sensitivity for variable flow with dodging/burning and masking overlays and adjustment layers.

For such a minimal outlay of cash, it has exceeded my expectations by an order of magnitude. The software has come a long way since I last worked with a Wacom device, and is configurable in a myriad of ways on a per program basis.

There are plenty of reviews online so I won't go into any more detail (unless any of you have questions). Suffice it to say it has significantly increased my productivity in post, and if you're still mousing around with selection and brush tools it is definitely worth a look.

Nikon Shooter

Nikon Shooter

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,041 posts
  • Country Flag

I have the Wacom Intuos 4, big enough for my workflow.

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,255 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

I've got an Intuos pro (small) and it's great. It works either wirelessly or wired but I've had trouble keeping the battery charged. Other than that... and Wacom's funky Windows driver, it's been a really nice tool.

--Ron