Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Use of Cosina Voigtlander Bessa/Zeiss Ikon Eyepieces on Nikons

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

butangmucat

butangmucat

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello,

I currently own an EL2 and a FE2 and they now both have genuine Nikon FM3a +0 diopters. However, I recently noticed that my eyes does not like the eyepiece very much. I have examined my medical records, and played with my Pentax LX which has a finder that includes built-in diopters, and determined that my best option would be a -1 diopter. I have checked with B&H and they only have -2 diopter from Nikon, but they do have -1 diopter for the Zeiss Ikon, which AFAIK is the same as the Cosina Voigtlander Bessas. I have read somewhere that Bessas can take Nikon diopters, so I wonder if I can use these Bessa diopters on my Nikon cameras too. It seems that the Bessa ones are slightly larger, so I don't know if it would protrude anything.

Sincerely

Fletch

Fletch

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHawaii

B&H has a question and answer section on the items they sell, since it appears no one hear is familiar with this I would ask them.