Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Getting rid of the AF assist illuminator

sb-800 d750 af assist illuminator

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

joody

joody

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I have a Nikon D750. I just got an SB-800. First time using it. Every time I go to take a photo, the speed light will flash 3 short bursts before allowing the shutter to release ( & the speed light to fire ). Digging through both manuals, I think this is the AF assist kicking in? I have gone into the custom settings menu for the speed light & have turned off the AF illuminator. I went to the custom settings menu of the D750 & turned it off as well....a9. I still get those 3 quick bursts before the shutter will release. With this happening, I cannot take any kind of action shot. Is this in fact the Af assist illuminator or is it something else?? And how the heck do I get rid of this?? I have the camera on M,  AF-S 5, using the 70-200 f4 lens, back button focus. Hopefully that is all the info you need. If not, let me know what else to supply you with. Thanks....I've been trying to figure this out for 2 days now. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sb-800, d750, af assist illuminator