Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D5600 and SnapBridge feature question

snapbridge d5600 remote control

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Novice2019

Novice2019

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

I am a new owner of the D5600, and will be using SnapBridge software to link it to my Galaxy Tab S4 tablet. 

The first issue I have run into is that I need to use the tablet for composing only, but have the shutter button control localized back to the camera body (otherwise 3 hands are required to both hold the camera and press the shutter button on the tablet). In it's current (default) configuration, all controls appear to be grouped back on the tablet (exception being focus). I am currently not able to use the shutter button on the D5600 body while SnapBridge is operating. as the button is locked out.

So far I have not been able to find any answers in documentation. Does anyone have insights as to how to solve this issue?

Thank you, 

Kay.

Fletch

Fletch

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHawaii

When your using Snapbridge as far as I know all control is done via the app.  I've only used Snapbridge when I have the camera on a tripod

Hebephrene

Hebephrene

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Country Flag

I have the same question with a variation. I can pair the two and love that I can live view using the phone as it allows me extraordinary control in composition but I don't want to surrender any control to the app. I want to shoot manual, I have some focusing needs that I want to fine tune to a greater degree than the app permits. That's fine. It doesn't have to do anything but is the app overriding what I entered the camera? Or should I turn the app off once I get the composition so I don't have any issues. 

Fletch

Fletch

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHawaii

You can shoot manual, but turn off the auto focus on the lens.

Hebephrene

Hebephrene

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Country Flag

That was very helpful and I was able recently to get Snapbridge to work by "forgetting " the camera. Then and only then was I able to pair the camera and my Samsung 7. However when I want to use remote photography in the Snapbridge app I cannot have the D5600 in Live view. Fair enough, but then when taking it off Live View and trying to use remote photography it wants to use Wifi to connect. Is that different from the Bluetooth pairing? when I am out in the field I am not going to have access through my router. 

Fletch

Fletch

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHawaii

When using Snapbridge live view does not work, in fact if you engage live view and then try to connect to snapbridge it will fail to connect.  If you want to review your shot after taking you need to shoot JPG as snapbridge does not support RAW viewing.  I haven't tried setting RAW+JPG so I don't know if that works or not.  I've never used the wifi to shoot with just to transfer from camera to phone, so can't answer questions on that.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: snapbridge, d5600, remote control