Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Set Custom Control Button Functions

custom controls d850 d500 f1 custom control

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

westlight

westlight

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

Is it only possible to assign one custom function to each button such as the Preview button?

What I was under the impression was possible was to set a function for the button when pressed alone then another function for that same button but when used with the command dial.

So, what I wanted to do was use the Preview button to switch from a single focus point to 9 but then when the Preview button was press and the Command dial was turned be able to switch to DX mode on my D850.

Guessing that I can only do one or the other? I can always use the FN 1 button for one of these custom functions but just wanted to make sure I understand the options/limits correctly.

Thanks!

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,589 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Some combinations can be set to press/press and dial. They aren't independent from each other, so sometimes setting one will set the existing function to null.

Understanding what combinations go together isn't easy, but you will have to try what works and what doesn't.

westlight

westlight

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag

Thanks Merco_61

I was going around in circles trying to set the buttons only to have as you pointed out having the previous option turn off. Will go with plan B.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: custom, controls, d850, d500, f1, custom control