Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

“No internet connection” when trying to view map

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

canders2

canders2

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Country Flag
I’ve had to load View Nx-i on a new computer (freshly dl’d) and whenever I click on the map tab, I get the “no connection” message. I DO have a connection, I’m surfing the internet on Chrome! I had no problems with my previous Nx-i install on the old computer.

Ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

Perhaps your firewall is blocking the software's access to the internet?  Normally you'd get a popup about this.

canders2

canders2

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Country Flag
Tried turning it off...still no luck.

ml_work

ml_work

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationAlabama

I did not know what ViewNX-I was, google took me to Nikon. Been looking at the PS Lightroom, I assume this ViewNX-I is free download so would not be what a full blown program would. But does it have most of what a beginner would need?

Thanks

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,631 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

View NX-i is mostly a file browser with some capabilities for editing IPTC and using colour stamps to group files together for batch editing. There is a rudimentary editor in the software but the real editing power is in the other free program from Nikon, Capture NX-D.

Capture NX-D is one of the better raw converters for NEF files, and the only one that uses all the jpeg conversion bells and whistles that are in our cameras to generate a starting point for further editing.

canders2

canders2

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Country Flag

View NX-i is mostly a file browser with some capabilities for editing IPTC and using colour stamps to group files together for batch editing. There is a rudimentary editor in the software but the real editing power is in the other free program from Nikon, Capture NX-D.

Capture NX-D is one of the better raw converters for NEF files, and the only one that uses all the jpeg conversion bells and whistles that are in our cameras to generate a starting point for further editing.

I’m primarily use it to merge geotag data and viewing of the map to confirm photo location.