Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Saint-Michael's church in Kortrijk

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Bart

Bart

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  • Country Flag
This church was commissioned by the Jesuits and built between 1607 and 1611 by Jan Persijn (architect) to replace the 14th century Holy Ghost's Chapel. It has a basilican structure with a nave and two aisles as well as a semi-circular choir at the northern end and two towers, all in late Gothic style.
It's now home to the Saint-Michael movement, kind of a local version of the Taizé movement.
You'll notice that the interior has been made somewhat more contemporary.

p3255212225-6.jpg

p3255212846-6.jpg

p3255212256-6.jpg

p3255212275-6.jpg

p3255212257-6.jpg

p3255212293-6.jpg

p3255212310-6.jpg

p3255212260-6.jpg

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Bart, these are all beautiful. I really enjoy your architectural work. I've probably asked you this before, but what lens(es) do you use for most of your architectural photos? And how much post processing do you have to do in terms of straightening walls and such? I

Bart

Bart

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,392 posts
  • Country Flag

Thanks, Nicole! Appreciated!

I've really used all kind of lenses for architecture.

These are with an old pentax lens, super-takumar 28mm f/3.5 on a sony a7ii.

I use DxO PhotoLab as my converter. It has their ViewPoint tool integrated.

Of course there's no camera-lens module available for this old takumar but the ViewPoint offers a neat package for geometrical and perspective correction.

Not that I did remarkable modification on this set, as I remember.

Some leveling, cropping and here and there some perspective correction.

Bart, these are all beautiful. I really enjoy your architectural work. I've probably asked you this before, but what lens(es) do you use for most of your architectural photos? And how much post processing do you have to do in terms of straightening walls and such? I

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Thanks for the response. Even though I use different equipment, it's helpful to know the focal length you were using. I have the hardest time with good perspective correction--I should go look up some tutorials. Is ViewPoint a tool or preset in DxO? I tried DxO but never quite caught on--I think I was just too lazy and set in my ways with Adobe products.

Bart

Bart

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,392 posts
  • Country Flag

ViewPoint is a tool from DxO, Nicole: DxO ViewPoint - Take complete control of the geometry of your images

It can be used as plug-in for LR or Photoshop, as a standalone application and integrated in DxO PhotoLab.

I find it quite easy to get good results with it.