Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

https fstoppers com education one-minute-tutorial-creating-natural-saturation-landscape-photos

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Fletch

Fletch

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHawaii

I found this on FStoppers and thought I'd share it with you all.  I haven't had a chance to try it myself yet.

A One-Minute Tutorial on Creating Natural Saturation in Landscape Photos | Fstoppers

Got a minute? This awesome tutorial will show you how to easily add a nice pop of saturation to a landscape photo in record time using Photoshop.

Coming to you from Unmesh Dinda of PiXimperfect, this great, quick tutorial will show you how to add extra saturation pop to your images by creating a saturation mask. This technique relies on using the HSB/HSL filter in Photoshop in tandem with the channels dialog, which allows you to very quickly and easily create a selection based on the saturation of the greens, which you can then convert to a layer mask for a corresponding saturation adjustment. And the coolest part is that because the mask is taken care of for you, you don't have to worry about trying to carefully work around leaves and avoid the sky or things of that nature; it's remarkably quick and easy. And just remember that like any adjustment of this nature, it's easy to go overboard. I recommend stepping away for a minute or two when you're done with an edit and coming back with a fresh set of eyes so you know if you need to dial down the opacity just a bit.

Nikon Shooter

Nikon Shooter

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,041 posts
  • Country Flag

I don't use saturation in my work but tonal taming; quicker
and simpler to perform right in the converter… no need for

a visit to any pixel editor.

Fletch

Fletch

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHawaii

Well I went to try this out and this feature is not available on my old PS version 5, and wasn't able to find a similar feature in my Paintshop Pro.