Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

How i do things

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

mikew

mikew

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorth East Lincs

First lets say i know most will say i do it wrong, i should use layers etc, but photography should be fun and this is the way i enjoy doing PP.

Where i do a lot of shooting it can have a very distracting background and can get a bit bird busy, here is a before example.

gallery_11672_668_609.jpg

To get the image how I want it using Photoshop the raw is first loaded into ACR and I click auto, if i like the result i then open in photoshop.

For this image I did, the resize first as my computer can be slow, 1024 on the long side.

Cloned out all the OOF birds using content aware

Leveled the image

Then did a crop extending the canvass anywhere I felt it needed.

The empty canvas areas where filled using content aware

Subject select was used on the bird and then inverted.

Lens blur was used on the background

Resized back to 1024 due to canvass extension

gallery_11672_668_38424.jpg

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

but photography should be fun and this is the way i enjoy doing PP.

Yes! This right here! There are so many who think their way is THE way—this is a good reminder for all of us (though I do like layers :lol: ).

Thanks for sharing your process--you really did improve the photo. It's fun to see the before and after.