Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Some shutter release issues with Nikon D7100 and Tokina lens

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

MarkOleg

MarkOleg

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
So I just bought a Tokina 11-20mm lens to go with my Nikon D7100. The lens focuses very well. However, quite often, I press the shutter button but the shutter doesn’t release. This seems to happen after I’ve been focused in on a subject for a while and have already taken multiple photos, or the first instant after re-focusing on a new subject. The shutter releases perfectly fine in Live View and in manual focus however - it won’t work only when I auto-focus and compose through the viewfinder. I checked my other (Nikkor) lenses and none have this issue. Has anyone encountered this problem with a Tokina lens before? Should I send it in while it’s under warranty? Thank you!