Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Manual mode black photos no matter what. D5300.

d5300 high shutter black photos manual mode

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Nikovelli

Nikovelli

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
I was taking photos just fine in manual mode and all of a sudden when I tried a high shutter speed all my photos have been black. Even when I brought my shutter speed back to what it was. I have my iso 100, shutter 1/60, like it was earlier today and nothing but black. I tried everything to get a high shutter speed to work and nothing does. I can’t take pictures of anything that moves and it’s driving me insane. I’ve messed with all the settings and I’ve found nothing online that helps. I’ve messed with iso and aperture and still nothing. The only thing I can get is if I stick my lense up to an actual light bulb and it’s still dark. What on earth am I doing wrong? Or is my camera trash now? I got a D5300 and I’ve had it for like 2 days. All the other settings work, but manual is just like a complete dud now.

Nikon Shooter

Nikon Shooter

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,041 posts
  • Country Flag

In M mode, you make make decisions, consequently, proper setup

is most crucial.

May I suggest you consider Auto ISO so to give you more execution
speed as your shooting. Select a shutter speed appropriate for the
subject and an aperture that will include the desired DoF… and go for
Matrix light meter.

Fletch

Fletch

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHawaii

If its new under warranty take it back to the store and ask them for help and if it still black get a replacement.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: d5300, high shutter, black photos, manual mode