Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Your Best Photo, Week Ending 9 December 2018

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Sometime before midnight (whatever time zone you are in) this Sunday, 9 December 2018, post the best photo you have taken this week. Any subject, any style—just give us your best shot.

If you can, list your EXIF info and any special lighting setups you may have used.

Nikon Shooter

Nikon Shooter

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 4,041 posts
  • Country Flag

I happened to notice this man going around during the pre-christmas

arts and crafts bazar in town… taking lots of pictures.

I had the chance to snap him as he passed in front of a mirror! rofl.gif

D3S + 105 ƒ2,8 @ ISO 800, 1/125s, ƒ3.

6881%20SD.jpg

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,587 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

45455432204_2167b038f4_o.jpgPES_2018-12-04_19-34-07_105mm_ by merco_61, on Flickr

Model: NIKON D7200
Lens (mm): 105 (MicroNikkor 105/4 Ai'd)
ISO: 320
Aperture: 11
Shutter: 15

Picture Control: [VI]Vivid with some extra contrast and saturation.

Shot on black Lucite.

Nikon Shooter

Nikon Shooter

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 4,041 posts
  • Country Flag

Is lucite like plexiglass?

Couldn't you have framed a tad more loosely?

Try to explore the transparency of the glass!

No RAW?

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,587 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Lucite is DuPont's take on Perspex/Plexiglass. I would have framed it more loosely if I had a larger piece of Lucite. The black is opaque.

Shot in raw but as I use Capture NX-D, I use the picture controls.

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,524 posts
  • Country Flag

D3S + 105 ƒ2,8 @ ISO 800, 1/125s, ƒ3.

6881%20SD.jpg

Wow - a Nikon shooter ;)

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Jerry!! Where have you been? It's great to see you--maybe it's my imagination, but it seems like it's been a while since we've seen you around here.

Nikon Shooter

Nikon Shooter

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 4,041 posts
  • Country Flag

Wow - a Nikon shooter ;)

Not to loud… he likes discretion!  :P

ScottinPollock

ScottinPollock

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWest Slope Northern Sierra Nevada

ornament.jpg

This was my Mom's first attempt at hand making a Christmas tree ornament, and of all the ones she had made since, remains one of my favorites. Made from styrofoam, red and green flocking, push pins, and dozens of beads and other doo dads you'd find at the local crafts store, it must be 45+ years old now.

Shot 80mm (35mm equiv) F/6.3 at 1/250th; softbox upper left, white foam board underneath and another right, green gel'd gridded snoot back right.

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

ScottinPollock, I love this. First, it's beautifully photographed (I wouldn't expect anything less from you), but second, I think it's pretty darn awesome that you still have this little piece made by your mom so many years ago. It kinda tugs at the heartstrings... 

And Peter, I am absolutely fascinated by that image. It made me think of some still life photos I did on black acrylic with a similar reflection, and then I looked and looked again at your image when I realized the blue wasn't quite showing up the same way my red radishes had! Blue on black... Hadn't thought about what a translucent item would look like as a reflection, and now I'm rather intrigued by the whole thing. 

Jerry_

Jerry_

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,524 posts
  • Country Flag

Jerry!! Where have you been? It's great to see you--maybe it's my imagination, but it seems like it's been a while since we've seen you around here.

Nicole,

I’ve been continuing to follow the interesting discussions here - just have been posting less.

ScottinPollock

ScottinPollock

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWest Slope Northern Sierra Nevada

I think it's pretty darn awesome that you still have this little piece made by your mom so many years ago.

Thanks Nicole.

Actually, I have a whole bag of them that I will hopefully share in the coming days of Christmas, provided I can come up with something less boring than a black background.

But right now it is cold, snowy, and dark outside, so hopefully we'll get some decent light before the holiday.

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Actually, I have a whole bag of them that I will hopefully share in the coming days of Christmas, provided I can come up with something less boring than a black background.

Cool--I will look forward to seeing what you come up with. And black can be elegant--maybe I'll have to do an image with a black background this week so I can stick to the theme you and Peter have got going here. 

bill10385

bill10385

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • Country Flag

Normally when I post sports images, they are of my son.  In this case, i observed the referees during a timeout in my sons lacrosse game talking and unconsciously pushed the shutter.  I really liked the expression and the camaraderie of these two guys.  I don't know them, and will likely never see them again, but I smile when I see the image.

Attached Thumbnails

• Stealth 2026 Orlando Open Dec 2 2018 (67 of 195).jpg