Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Your Best Photo, Week Ending 2 December 2018

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Sometime before midnight (whatever time zone you are in) this Sunday, 2 December 2018, post the best photo you have taken this week. Any subject, any style—just give us your best shot.

If you can, list your EXIF info and any special lighting setups you may have used.

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Yikes! Where is everyone?

Well, I actually got my camera out this week. We did our annual Santa portraits for a community group. This is our third year doing it--we use a green screen and add digital backgrounds later. The backgrounds are not my work--we purchased them on Etsy. If we are invited again next year, we should probably change our setup a bit.

Anyhow, I caught a few shots of Santa before the kids arrived and threw in a fireplace background we had used last year.

46177894301_02f2731d91_b.jpgSanta is tired by Nicole Fernley, on Flickr

And here's one of the kids with a new background:

31238441087_0f534cd61b_b.jpgSanta portrait with baby by Nicole Fernley, on Flickr

Both images shot with the D810, Nikkor 24–70 lens, ISO 400, f/5, and 1/100. Camera was on a tripod triggered with remote. Key light in 50-inch softbox to camera right and fill in a smaller softbox camera left. Used three more continuous lights behind the set to light the green screen evenly.  

Nikon Shooter

Nikon Shooter

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 4,041 posts
  • Country Flag

Ending 2 December 2018?

I'm too late for this one…  :unsure:

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Definitely not—we never object to latecomers in these threads. I was late myself. But it is time to get this week's thread going.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

I didn't shoot anything except paid work this week.