Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D5600 SB-700 / Hahnel Tuff TTL (Manual mode - no flash?)

d5600 sb700 hahnel tuff ttl

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

rvn

rvn

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
Hello,

I'm relatively new to photography and was hoping to play around with off camera flash on my D5600 using an SB-700.

I realise the D5600 does not support CLS / i-TTL / HSS however I was hoping to use the flash in Manual mode; I discussed this configuration with someone in at a camera store before purchasing the Hahnel Tuff TTL (for Nikkon) which was supposedly a good choice. 

The SB-700 works fine directly connected to the camera and Hahnel is successfully communicating and will fire the flash from the test buttons, however nothing when setup via the camera - i'm certain both are in Manual mode.

Here's an online link to the Hahnel which i've since found doesn't refer to the D5600 anywhere as being compatible:

Is this indeed likely incompatibility only or am I overlooking something more basic (a limitation of the d5600 perhaps? User error?)

I'm now wondering if returning the hahnel (exchange) to put towards a second SB700 would be more worthwhile given i believe I can remotely trigger a second (remote) sb700 from the first which could be attached to the shoe.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts...

Cheers

mikew

mikew

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorth East Lincs

Looking at the link its an old model and the Nikon DSLRs are all older models

Compatible with the following Nikon Cameras:

D300s / D3100 / D3200 / D4 / D5100 / D5200 / D600 / D7000 / D7100 / D800 / D800E / D90

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: d5600, sb700, hahnel tuff ttl