Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Lens for d7300

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Aymeeps@yahoo.com

Aymeeps@yahoo.com

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag
Looking for a everyday walk around lens that's not a portrait lens?

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

What lens or lenses do you have now?  What is it that you find you are missing from your current lenses?  

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

D7300?

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

do you mean d5300 or d7200 not seen d7300 camera body. you have few lens for that. you have 18-300 or new 18-400mm all in one lenses. also do not know what type of photography you want we know no portraits. but need more about other types. want take car show pictures, action photography, or architectural photography or wildlife photography. 

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

D7300?

That was my thought but didn't have time to look it up...

do you mean d5300 or d7200 not seen d7300 camera body. you have few lens for that. you have 18-300 or new 18-400mm all in one lenses. also do not know what type of photography you want we know no portraits. but need more about other types. want take car show pictures, action photography, or architectural photography or wildlife photography. 

180-400?  Don't think there is an 18-400...I seriously doubt that the180-400 would be the best choice for the OP considering the price point, but it certainly looks like a nice lens.  

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

180-400?  Don't think there is an 18-400...I seriously doubt that the180-400 would be the best choice for the OP considering the price point, but it certainly looks like a nice lens.  

I guess that fallout means the Tamron 18-400 superzoom. It can't be too bad as it won the EISA award for innovation. I don't know more than that about it as the only superzoom I have owned is the 35-350 Canon L behemoth I inherited from my father.

fallout666

fallout666

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 1,098 posts
  • Country Flag
  • Locationcfl area of space coast

yes tamron 18-400mm was not saying the 12k nikon 180-400mm 

Ron

Ron

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,261 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMagic City

The Nikkor AFS 16-85mm VR DX is a good walk around lens for any DX camera. It's not as fast or sharp as the AFS 16-80 but it's a lot cheaper.  A good, relatively inexpensive, kit can be made by combining the aforementioned 16-85 and the Nikkor AFS 70-300mm VR FX.  I personally tend to shy away from all purpose lenses such as the Tamron 18-400. But that's just me.

--Ron

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

Another nice walkaround kit is a Tamron 17-50/2.8 and the AF-S 70-300 VR  Ron mentioned. I am surprised at how well the old Tamron handles a 24 MP DX sensor.