Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is there an "auto-bracket" function on my D5?

d5 custom settings bracketing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

davidmfranks

davidmfranks

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hey all - my first post.

Good to be here - and I'm begging for help already! ;-)

I'm wondering if this is possible:

I want to fire a burst of (ideally three) shots, first one stop underexposed, then correct EV, then one stop overexposed. Using the insane high frame rate of the D5, there wouldn't be much difference between the shots. This would really help me out.

Yesterday I had to shoot a model on an amusement park ride in bright sunlight. I now have to choose between a squinty-eyed model facing the sun (with harsh shadows under her eyes), or a silhouette that I have to seriously monkey about with in Lightroom/Photoshop...

BTW I'm not into HDR, particularly, but in extreme situations like the above, it'd be a handy get-out-of-jail-free card.

Are there any Custom Menu Settings gurus here that can help?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

Isn't this accessed via the "bkt" button on the left side?

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,587 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Press the BKT button, set the step size with one wheel and the number of shots with the other.

Page 147 in the user manual.

simonall-action

simonall-action

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Country Flag

you can also try the active D lighting setting ( assuming the d5 has it like the d4s)  I find it works well, 

also a speed light would help a lot in the situations 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: d5, custom settings, bracketing