Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D850 doesn't always fire when shutter button is pressed

intermittent d850

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

BrianPix

BrianPix

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Country Flag
The D850 does not fire once in a while when the shutter is pressed. I would say that 1 out of every 80 photos does not fire. It's programmed to fire when the camera is not in focus and when it is in focus. But once in a while, I press the shutter button and it doesn't take the photo. Also, once in a while when I press the shutter, it delays the firing of the camera and will take the shot 2 seconds after I press the shutter button. 

This problem has happened in different situations. It happens to me when I'm doing portraits, whether I have a pocket wizard attached to the hot shoe or not. I had the left dial set to "CL" and camera set to ISO 200 1/125 f1/7.1. It also has happened on a nature shoot. I had the left dial set on "S" and the camera set to ISO 250 1/200 f1/6.3.Also, I am not taking two or more quick shots in a row. Just one shot at a time. I've also used different memory cards (i.e. Lexar SD 32GB 600x speed). My firmware is up to date.

Does anyone have anything I could try before sending it in to Nikon Professional Services for warranty repair? Thanks.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: intermittent, d850