Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Has anyone ever used the 35mm f/1.4G AF-S FX lens for Astrophotgraphy?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

LordNick

LordNick

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I am considering getting a 35mm f/1.4G AF-S FX SWM Nikkor Lens to compliment my D600 and was wondering if anyone had any experience with it in Astrophotography? I live a couple hours away from the darkest part of the country and enjoy doing shots of the milk way.

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHiding in the hallway

I have never used one, but it would be the first one I would grab to do what you want to do. 

Adam

Adam

Nikon Forums Staff

• Administrators
  • 1,335 posts
  • Country Flag

I am considering getting a 35mm f/1.4G AF-S FX SWM Nikkor Lens to compliment my D600 and was wondering if anyone had any experience with it in Astrophotography? I live a couple hours away from the darkest part of the country and enjoy doing shots of the milk way.

I've used it, and it worked wonders.  You don't have to worry about shooting wide-open with it!

Here are some samples (first 4 pics):

Star Photos - Gallery - NikonForums.com

• 9ja likes this

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I keep telling myself that I should get that lens, but have too much need for a long lens right now and I think a macro is next in line, but I'm keeping it on the list...maybe when I retire...It should work great for what you're looking to do with it...

Stas

Stas

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Country Flag

I didn't try this one, but I have AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G. I made with it the biggest part of my astrophotos. But I have only d200 so with crop I got 52.5 mm lens. I think that on your d600 with f 1,4 it will be greate for astrophotography.