Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

AF-S Refocus each shot

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

fishpoolsoda

fishpoolsoda

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

I have a D90 recently acquired. I don't believe this issue was occurring when I first started using it.

I have noticed that when I am in AF-S mode and I focus on a subject, recompose, then shoot, the camera refocuses after each shot even when I'm still holding the shutter button halfway. The manual says that this should not be the case.

I realize that I can set and hold the AE-L/AF-L button, but that is a pain and I feel it should not be necessary.

Has anyone ever encountered this problem? Any advice on how to proceed?

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Stop focusing and recomposing?

You will get better results by moving the focus Point to where you want the focus to be.

Another tip is to assign focus activation to the AE-L/AF-L button. This will decouple the AF from the shutter button completely.