Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help with P520...

p520

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

mrgodiva

mrgodiva

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

The problem I am having with my P520 is with the auto focus by pressing the shutter button half way down. It is no longer working. When I press the button either a smidgen, half way or all the way it will quick focus (may not be on what I'm trying to focus on) and automatically take a photo. What it should do when pressing it half way down is focus (showing green boxes around what it is being focused on) but not take a photo until you press the shutter button all the way down. It doesn't matter what mode I have it in (I normally always use auto mode due to just taking generic photos) that it does the same thing. I have also updated the firmware (now using 1.1) and also have done a reset of the settings, but still does the same thing. Also have taken battery out for hours and put back in with no changes. Any help that you may have is greatly appreciated.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: p520