Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Possible to get a real manual for D5600?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

zener

zener

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Country Flag

I've downloaded the manual which is over 400 pages.  I've read not quite half, and to me it's cumbersome reading it electronically when you have to keep jumping to other sections or pages.

Maybe it's just me, but I seem to get more done and faster with a book in my hands, especially when jumping around to different sections to re-read certain topics.  Fold down some page corners, circle or highlight some things, use the back inside cover to jot down important page numbers / settings, etc.  I  guess I'm old school.

Anyway, I didn't see any on ebay.   I suppose I could break down and print it, but I'll probably just finish reading it on my laptop.  In the meantime, if anyone knows if it's possible to obtain or purchase an actual manual, please let me know.

Thanks,  Zen

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,646 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

For older models, at least on some markets, both the user manual and the reference manual have been available for a fee from Nikon. They haven't advertised this fact since they made the electronic versions available, but it has been possible. It might be worth your time to send an email to Nikon Usa support through nikonimgsupport.com.

snell

snell

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSouthern New Jersey

I can recommend Julie Adair King's "Nikon D5600 for dummies". It's helped me immensely. 

Art

zener

zener

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Country Flag

Thanks very much, folks.  I'll check with Nikon about the manual ... and thanks for the heads up on the "dummies" book.  I didn't know they existed for a particular model, but I have a couple other "dummy" series books, including the one for digital photography in general, and they are usually pretty good.  I'll be ordering that one here directly.

Thanks again,  Zen

cdonovan

cdonovan

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

I have found the 'From Snapshots to Great Shots' series a really great alternative to a technical manual with my two Nikons (D3300 and 5300). There isn't one for D5600, but there is for 5100, 5200, 5300, and 5500 so one of those might be close enough to your specification to be useful.

zener

zener

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Country Flag

Thanks for the suggestions, folks.  I got the "D5600 for Dummies" book a couple of days ago and started reading it, and also Scott Kelby's 3 volume set of "Digital Photography", which also seems great from what I can tell so far.  Got them all for cheap on ebay.  Plus, I have the online 400 page Nikon manual, and sections of this forum I want to read.  Lots of reading this fall, in addition to the hundreds of "trial & error" shots I'm taking, experimenting with the camera settings and menus.  I'll get there.

Next will be to learn the post production process.

Zen

nbanjogal

nbanjogal

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUT, USA

Site Supporter

Don't forget there is lots of help to be had here on the forums when you have questions.  :)

Not that you need more to read, but I think Kelby's "Digital Photography" series now has at least 5 volumes. I have four and have read them all--quite good. I like his simple explanations and concise writing style. I found them quite helpful and could probably benefit from a reread.