Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Coolpix S8100 Lens Cover Damage

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

gullyj

gullyj

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Country Flag

Hello. I have a well-used Coolpix S8100. I travel frequently and it's compact size and ease of use has served me well. Recently while overseas I damaged one of the retractable lens cover vanes so now, when the camera is activated, the lens cover does not retract properly.

My question is whether the lens cover is part of the lens arrangement so a repair would mean the replacement of the lens and its composite parts, or is the cover a separate replaceable item?

The reason for my question is that I'm reluctant to replace an otherwise serviceable camera, but if the repair is likely to be expensive (eg replacement of the lens) I'm probably better off purchasing a new camera.

Thanks in anticipation for any help.

Gullyj