Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D5600 Auto ISO question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

zener

zener

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Country Flag

I'm pretty new to "real" photography, having just given up point n shoots for my first DSLR, a Nikon D5600, and at this point I'm experimenting with ISO settings.

So, according to my manual and what I've dug up on the forums about other models, it seems that the auto iso setting should have an upper limit to set, with the lower limit being selected on the info menu.  On mine, I can only get 25600 as the upper limit on auto iso, and cannot seem to get to a menu where I can select, for example 100 to 4000.  I can get to the menu which has minimum shutter speed & max iso, but I can't set it to any other number than 25600, regardless of what other settings I change on the camera.  

I'm wondering if I have some other setting enabled that is preventing the "iso range selection menu", or if they did away with that setting on the D5600, and simplified it ... although the manual does seem to imply it can be done.  I can certainly see where auto iso with the proper range could be useful.  It seems there must be something I'm missing.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Zener

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,635 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

On earlier models, the setting screen for max ISO only shows the maximum as it is scrolled to the bottom. If you move the multiselector up or down, you see the other values. I don't know if the D5600 behaves the same or not.

zener

zener

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • Country Flag

Bingo.  Thanks a million, Merc.  All I had to do was hit the up button to see the other max. values.  It's confusing, because there's a "right pointing" arrow beside the value shown, and I know that some of the menus are such that you move to the right to go deeper into the menu.  I never even tried the up/down selector.  

Thanks again,  Zen