I'm new to the forum, and am hoping I can get some help on an issue that has me stumped. My 50mm prime lens stopped autofocusing on my D610; it however focuses normally on my D600. On the other hand, my other lenses autofocus on both cameras. I therefore cannot figure out whether the problem is:
- the D610 camera body (but if it is, then why would other lenses autofocus normally on the D610?), or
- a problem with the lens (but if it is, then why does it autofocus normally on the D600?)
I'm really lost on this one, and any suggestions would be welcome. For the avoidance of doubt, I've checked each of the following already:
- All lenses and both cameras are currently set to autofocus mode;
- I have made all the settings on both camera identical; and
- on both cameras, I have ensured that AF-ON is not selected.
I have also reset the shooting menu on the D610, but the problem with this lens persists. Any suggestions on what I could try?