Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Intervalometer for D3400

intervalometer

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

nworker

nworker

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

I'm looking for a intervalometer for my D3400 where I can automate taking pictures every few minutes over a couple of hours.  I have seen some solutions using an android phone and an app but I have an iPhone and can't seem to find any solution that works with the iPhone since the D3400 does not have Wifi. 

Anyone have a good solution for this?

Thanks

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I am not sure there is an option for the D3400 but TriggerTrap does make cables (camera to phone) for both Android and iPhone if I recall correctly.  The app should give you the capability to take photos every X period of time.  You can probably search them on the Internet and see if they have something that will work with your body and your phone...

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,646 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Tom, Triggertrap went out of business quite a while ago, unfortunately. Besides which, the D3400 doesn't have an accessory port. AFAIK, there is no solution for controlling the D3400 remotely.

ScottinPollock

ScottinPollock

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationWest Slope Northern Sierra Nevada
Ok... Here's a kludge, but you could do this with a Python script and a Global Cachè iTach. You would first need to capture the ML-L3's IR remote code and convert to an iTach command string (there is a utility app to do this), and then send it over tcp to the iTach via a repeat loop in a Python script.

Granted this requires a computer, and about a hundred dollars in hardware, but it IS doable. (c;

Fletch

Fletch

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHawaii

Nikon D3400 ML-L3 remote Control

nworker

nworker

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

I have the remote control but I would have to manually snap a picture with it over time. I'm looking for something with timer to take picture every few min over several hours.   There are videos that show how to do this with the d3400 and an Android phone using an app called remote control since the phone supports IR blasting. I saw another called dslsrtools or something. . I guess the android allows it to connect over Bluetooth. Unfortunately I have an iPhone and so far have not found a solution for using it.     

Fletch

Fletch

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHawaii

removed the 3400 is not supported

Fletch

Fletch

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHawaii

Not cheap but right now its all I can find.

https://witharsenal.com/

Remove the space at the dot com and watch the video.

https://www.youtube. com/watch?v=_vhiwnW4PMc

https://witharsenal....pported-cameras

3400 Yes

Fletch

Fletch

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHawaii

Found these 2 models from Alpine Labs that list the D3400 as Compatible. The Spark and Pulse

https://alpinelaboratories.com/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: intervalometer