Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Melbourne 2013 Digital Show - Your thoughts etc

melbourne australia new

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Warrick

Warrick

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Hey guys,

I know it has been gone for a while now, but i would like to hear from those who had the chance to attend the Melbourne 2013 Digital Show.

Anything about the event such as layout, variety and general quality of the expo would be good. I attended the expo on the saturday and left rather dissatisfied with the event, maybe i was expecting too much?

Post your thoughts!

Graham Johnson

Graham Johnson

• Forum Member
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • Country Flag

Site Supporter

You weren't the only disappointed one. I have actually come to expect it to be dodgy after the last few years.

Its so expensive to have a stand at these sorts of events in my opinion it makes the normal retailer exhibits uneconomic and start ups with new ideas cant afford it either.

Just more regurgitated products from the same old distributors. No real bargains or deals to be seen because of the show.

The best part of the show is the art displays. Its quite cool so see what the students have been up to and do a personal judging of the photographic entries.

But as a gear head. It is very disappointing.

One pet hate I have is the raft of tyre kickers who turn up with kids in prams clogging the isles and JUST KILLING TIME. Because its free entry..... I would be happy to pay just so they are kept out cause they have to pay to get in.

I am going to try to get in on the trade day next year to avoid this.....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: melbourne, australia, new