Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Happiness is.......

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

K-9

K-9

Jamie

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNew England

Site Supporter

Haha I know that feeling... I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas as I wait for my Samyangs lenses to be delivered. :)

Sounds like a great lens. Definitely one I'll look at adding to my Kit in the future.

Which Samyangs did you buy?  The tilt/shift!  :rolleyes:

rocknrumble

rocknrumble

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSydney, Australia

14mm 2.8 and 85mm 1.4 (both manual focus).

I got carried away. :)

alden

alden

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationHiding in the hallway

14mm 2.8 and 85mm 1.4 (both manual focus).

I got carried away. :)

Please let us know how you like them ASAP and post some photos when you get a chance. 

rocknrumble

rocknrumble

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Absolutely... Love taking and posting photos and getting some constructive criticism.

deano

deano

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationColorado USA

Site Supporter

With a lens that powerful, NSA wants to talk to you.  Congrats on the purpose.

Tony892

Tony892

Tony892

• Forum Member
  • 1,008 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Site Supporter

Now buy a sling strap (eg. BlackRapid), makes carrying it all day a breeze!
[/q

I bought a black ra[pid sling strap following recomendation from someone on the forum. excellent buy, but would suggest worth getting the extra strop.

New lens day!!!!!!!

photo_zpsa7f5f370.jpg

What a great feeling when you open a parcel like this.

Tony892

Tony892

Tony892

• Forum Member
  • 1,008 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationRingwood, Hampshire, England

Site Supporter

New lens day!!!!!!!

photo_zpsa7f5f370.jpg

Thumper you have had the new lens for getting on for two months, how have you found it to use?

Thumper

Thumper

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,289 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTexas

Site Supporter

Thumper you have had the new lens for getting on for two months, how have you found it to use?

I have taken a few shots with it since I received it, but nothing really beyond a few test shots.  I took one of a youth choir singing Christmas carols in our office building the other day (the choir was in the lobby, and I was on the 3rd floor), but there were trees and a lamp post that got in the way of a couple of the singers, so the shot was kind of fouled.   I couldn't get a different vantage point for the shot, unfortunately.    Due to being overwhelmed at work lately, I have not had, or more appropriately, I have not taken the opportunity to go out and shoot much of anything lately.   And I need to fix that.   Soon!!!

Once warmer weather rolls back around and more sport events are going on, I would like to go shoot some of those.   We have rodeos year round here, but I am not a huge fan of rodeo.  (Yes, I live in Texas, and I don't like rodeo).

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I shot the Mesquite Rodeo back in the film days...Had front row seats and had planned on shooting it.  Got some great shots - would really like to try shooting more rodeos but they are rare (at best) around here...They are a great source of photos with lots of color and action...

Thumper

Thumper

Nikonian

• Forum Member
  • 2,289 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationTexas

Site Supporter

I shot the Mesquite Rodeo back in the film days...Had front row seats and had planned on shooting it.  Got some great shots - would really like to try shooting more rodeos but they are rare (at best) around here...They are a great source of photos with lots of color and action...

They really are.  (I just don't enjoy the sport as far as recreational viewing or entertainment).  Especially if you can get down to fence/ground level (as much as possible).   My wife and I used to own horses (for pleasure riding), and I think they are just magnificent creatures.   I really would like to photograph them  in action, and rodeos are the best fare for such, at least around here.  There isn't much equestrian sport activity around here.  This lens would be fantastic for that.    We also have a ton of soccer and softball leagues around here, as well as a semi-pro hockey team.   I would like to go to a few of those events and take some shots.

I'd also like to get some aerial action shots of bull riders.   :lol:      

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

I got a few nice bull riding photos that night.  Wish I'd had a digital camera back then!

I'm actually thinking of shooting a high school hockey game tonight.  Two rival high schools - about 5 minutes apart are playing at the local rink.  Didn't get to any of the games last year, but I've shot several games in the past.  That's a fun sport to shoot too!