Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Shutter Release

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Johnb

Johnb

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNear Aylesbury. Bucks

Site Supporter

Hi I recently acquired a D7500 and I am still using it in auto. Sometimes I cannot release the shutter. I push the button down and through the view finder I see the framing grid and then the in-focus indicator comes up. I try to fully depress the shutter release button but nothing happens. The button does not seem to move any further. I am obviously doing something wrong. Sometimes it fires off ok. Any suggestions 

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

Are you shooting inside?  Could it be the camera can't get a usable exposure with your ISO setting so it won't fire without a flash?

Johnb

Johnb

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNear Aylesbury. Bucks

Site Supporter

Hi Mate, yea I have tried it with both Auto settings, ie with flash and without, and still it happens. 

I feel it is something like that, like some criteria isn't being made to allow the shutter to fire but I don't know.

Can touching any of the other buttons at that time cause it ? The AEL/AFL button for instance, I find my thumb on it sometimes. Or may be it needs something else set for me to take auto photos.

I really want to move on but this is bugging me. If it was a camera fault it would be like it all the time surely. Not intermittent. Thanks. 

TBonz

TBonz

Sportz Guy

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,652 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationOn A Field Somewhere...

Site Supporter

That might be the issue.  I would be sure not to be touching any other buttons when shooting.  You CAN setup "Back Button Focus" which will use that button to focus instead of the shutter release button.  If you are pushing down the button, it may not take the image because it isn't in focus.  You should have an option in the menus where you can select how the shutter reacts - priority to determine if focus or shutter release (with or without being in focus) is preferred. 

When it does release the shutter, are there any issues with the images?  Perhaps also note the EXIF information the camera has chosen (shutter speed, aperture, ISO) next time it FAILS to shoot as that might also give us a clue...Another option would be to change to shutter or aperture priority and use the meter to determine if your exposure is good to see if you could take the image that way...'