Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hello from Wales, UK.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

mhc

mhc

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationLlanon/Wales

Hello fellow Nikonians,

Glad to join this forum of photographers, and more importantly those who enjoy using Nikon cameras and products. I was a working semi pro up until about six years ago, until I had to stop for personal, and health issues. I was very disappointed to give up my photography as I used to enjoy it, and I was lucky enough to have an excellent kit at the time. I did find however that I was not really skilful enough, or determined enough to make it as a pro - I was also let down several times on promises of work etc.

So back to the present day - I have decided to get back in to photography purely for fun, and personal enjoyment. I enjoy taking pictures of almost any subject, but in particular I enjoy nature, landscapes, and birds in flight etc. I have just acquired a D500, along with a 24-70 F2.8, and a 300mm F4 Fresnel lens for the longer stuff. I am finding the D500 to be a wonderful tool, but a whole heap to learn/re learn. I am hoping to learn from you wonderful people on here, and hopefully contribute myself too on occasions.

Personally I am 57 years young with some health issues which get in the way sometimes, but I am determined to learn as much as I can in order to get the best out of the kit I now have, and also better my skills as some of the pictures I see around definitely put my efforts to shame. I feel I also have a lot to learn about post production too - to get the very best from my pictures, but of course you have to do your bit behind the lens to get a good picture to start with.

I think I better stop now as I ramble too much, but looking forward to my time here.

Thanks all

Mark