Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Slides/Negs To JPEG

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Den61

Den61

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationDevon

Good Afternoon/Evening/Morning to all wherever you may be. 

I have a load of Slides and negatives from years ago that I want converting. I bought a ION one as was cheapish. Says Mac/Win compatible but not for Mac High Sierra 10.13.5 only for Mac 7 or less? Why not say this on there site :wacko:

Can anyone recommend one for me, not mega money but one that works on Mac 10.13.

Many Thanks  :)

Den61

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,650 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

An Epson Perfection V600 flatbed scanner is probably the best you can find on a budget with 10.13 support without having to get Vuescan as well as the scanner to get it to work. It scans mounted slides, 35 mm negatives and medium format negatives and slides. A good film scanner does a better job faster, but it will be much more expensive.

Den61

Den61

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 48 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationDevon

An Epson Perfection V600 flatbed scanner is probably the best you can find on a budget with 10.13 support without having to get Vuescan as well as the scanner to get it to work. It scans mounted slides, 35 mm negatives and medium format negatives and slides. A good film scanner does a better job faster, but it will be much more expensive.

Thanks Peter, bit to steep for me the V600 for the amount I have. I noticed some other V models lot cheaper but none said 10.13+ compatible. I noticed something about Vuescan you mention a while back is this an independent software?

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,650 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

It is often the only way to get older scanners to work on modern computers. It is relatively cheap and a trial version can be downloaded from the developer's home page. VueScan Scanner Software for macOS, Windows, and Linux

A used Canon or Epson with a slide attachment will probably work with Vuescan and is a cheaper solution than the V600.