Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

D800 focus issue

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

LoneStar007

LoneStar007

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag
While testing camera, found that pic comes out on the camera display very fuzzy. BUT! When I took another shoot in a Live view, it came out very sharp.
I haven't change any settings, just switch to Live view.

mikew

mikew

Forum Veteran

• Forum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 798 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationNorth East Lincs

Think we need some more explanation, did it do it more than once, if it often does it post the good and the fuzzy shot.

The main reason i can think of is your lens  needs AF fine tune, i think that could be one explanation for the difference.

Merco_61

Merco_61

Nikonian

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,634 posts
  • Country Flag
  • LocationUppsala, Sweden

Site Supporter

Another reason could be the AF mirror sub-assembly needing adjustment. If that is the case, you will usually see different degrees of misfocus depending on what focus point you use.

LoneStar007

LoneStar007

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

Thanks for getting back to me.

I guess, I made a wrong settings in custom settings of the camera for different types of photos.

Most likely, need to reset camera and star all over.