Welcome to NikonForums.com
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Coolpix b500 wastes batteries while off.

coolpix series coolpix b500 b500 problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Austiiin

Austiiin

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Country Flag

So I've been using my Nikon Coolpix b500 camera for a while now, but whenever I have it sit off for a while and try to turn it back on, the batteries are completely run out. I use the proper alkaline batteries, I'm really not sure if the problem is user error or not. How can I tell if the camera is just asleep when I press the power button vs completely off and not using the batteries? I realize I can just take them out each time I'm not using the camera but it just seems like that shouldn't be something I have to do. I don't know if the camera needs an update or anything to fix this problem or not but no matter how carefully I try to turn the camera off (holding down the power button for x amount of time), I just don't know what the problem is and why it's absolutely killing my batteries whenever the camera sits for even a day or two.

Thanks for reading, and I'm sorry I know this is a handful to read, but it's really been bugging me for a while. Batteries aren't cheap and I hate to run to the store every other day because the camera kills the batteries after sitting for a day.

-Austin

joester

joester

• Forum Member
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Country Flag

What I found -
My B500 would stay on even though I turned it off.
The Snapbridge app would not let the camera shut down.
Assuming you use the Snapbridge app, force it closed on your phone and the camera will sleep.

I realize this is a year after the OP,, but someone else may be looking for an answer.